Thrive Global is changing the way people live through a suite of well-being and behavior change products used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As a backend engineer, you will play a significant role in building Thrive’s products and behavior change platform, from designing APIs to building out data models and everything in between.
Who We Are Looking For
- Believes that code clarity is paramount to modern engineering teams.
- Is excited about collaborating with others, engineering and non-engineering, both learning & teaching as Thrive grows.
- A willingness to take on a broad set of responsibilities from configuration to design to implementation.
- Has a passion for data-driven products.
How You’ll Contribute
- Create & improve backend services, using AWS Lambda, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Review code, start new repos, and build new features
- Work with the product team to ensure proper data collection to drive future product direction
- 3+ years experience building web applications in Node.js, Java, or C++
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Understand common design patterns and familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Proficiency with AWS, microservices and/or serverless architectures.
- Past experience and passion for working on cross-functional projects
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs