: Platform9 deploys, manages and maintains hybrid clouds across any infrastructure, enabling enterprises to consistently manage VMs, Kubernetes and Serverless-based applications on any environment - on premises or in the public cloud
: $36.5M in three rounds of funding
: Canvas Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Redpoint Ventures
IT Operations are often frustrated by their inability to offer their developers a more cloud-like experience, while improving agility and reducing the cost of infrastructure management across a
growing mix of systems, technology stacks, and clouds.
Platform9 delivers a SaaS-Managed Hybrid Cloud platform that turns your existing infrastructure into a cloud, instantly. We help enterprises drive digital transformation by enabling them to manage VMs, Containers and Serverless Functions on ANY infrastructure — on-premises, in public clouds, or at the edge - with a self-service, simple and unified experience. We essentially bring the simplicity and automation of the public cloud to any infrastructure.
Unlike having to use different IT infrastructure management solutions for each environment that have to be integrated using professional services or extensive development work, Platform9
brings hybrid, mixed environments into a single pane of glass. We do this without costly integration efforts, offering a powerful, unified cloud experience on any infrastructure, for any technology stack, and we back it all up with an enterprise-grade SLA.
Platform9’s founders, who were early engineers at VMware, found that enterprises loved the public cloud experience and resulting agility / time-to-market; but couldn’t single source the cloud because of several reasons: large existing colocation or data-center leases, audit and conformance requirements on applications, inefficiency of running legacy applications in the cloud, fear of lock-in to a single cloud provider and OpEx restrictions in cash-rich companies. At
the same time, almost any enterprise that has attempted to run a private cloud has taken years to build one with poor TCO, and questionable outcomes in comparison to the public cloud. As a
result, enterprises were faced with a difficult choice: the public cloud experience was promising but couldn’t be “single-sourced”, yet at the same time, using hybrid or multiple clouds was too complex and time consuming.
With decades of experience in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, Platform9’s founders realized that the dichotomy in the public cloud experience vs private cloud experience was because of a fundamental difference in how these are operated. The public cloud is operated with massively distributed and automated software systems: for e.g. within AWS features and fixes move from source code to production 30,000 times per day. On the other hand, private
clouds were being deployed by hand, with minimal automation, by small teams of system administrators 3 and DevOps engineers. The two paradigms are fundamentally different, and its plainly obvious that the public cloud operational paradigm - which is their secret sauce - will win.
Platform9 was founded with a radical idea: what if that public cloud secret sauce could be opened up for enterprises to use, so that they could run hybrid clouds with the same efficiency as public clouds?Founded by a veteran team of engineers at VMware, Platform9 is funded by leading venture firms, Redpoint, Canvas and Menlo Ventures. Platform9‘s customer base targets high-tech and
global 2000 customers. Current customers include Aruba Networks, Autodesk, Cadence Design Systems, Snapfish, CBRE, LogMeIn and Veritas. The company has a strategic GTM alliance with HPE, with Platform9 being a core component of HPE’s recently announced OneSphere multi-cloud management platform.
Reports to Senior Director of Communications and Online Marketing
Platform9 is seeking an Online Marketing Manager responsible for the strategy and execution of digital marketing campaigns, across all digital channels. If you thrive on the energy and pace of startup environment, and enjoy making a visible difference in the company’s go-to-market success, this is for you.
● Plan, develop and execute online campaigns, including: paid search (SEM), SEO and Social
● Develop a successful lead/opportunity acquisition strategy across Adwords and other relevant PPC sources
● Experience with Freemium/Trial offerings (SaaS or otherwise) as you will drive company’s Freemium acquisition and optimize conversion to paid-for solutions
● Plan, deploy and optimize SEM programs to achieve growth: keyword discovery, expansion, ad copy, ad grouping, landing page optimization, testing, and analysis
● Analyze keyword trends and ROI of keywords
● Manage ongoing A/B testing, to improve click through and conversion rates
● Track program results, measure success, and report metrics via Google Analytics and SFDC
● Collaborate with content team to support the online marketing efforts
● Expert digital marketing thought leader focused on utilizing a portfolio of online marketing tactics such as SEM, SEO, Display Ads, Retargeting, Content Marketing, Social, Email, and others to maximize performance.
● Ongoing optimization of performance of all web pages & forms through ongoing testing.
● Create and optimize successful campaigns based on data analysis, best practices and understanding of prospect and customer feedback.
● Stay abreast of changes in the online marketing and optimization environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjust business plans accordingly
● 5+ years of online marketing experience
● Expertise in digital marketing across SEM, SEO, email and social channels: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
● Experience with website production processes and best practices- for landing pages creation and ongoing website content updates and CRO efforts.
● Solid knowledge of website analytics and optimization tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, CrazyEgg, MOZ, SEMrush, etc.)
● Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
● Experience with WordPress or similar CMSs
● Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
● Experience with Hubspot is desired
● Experience building reports and dashboards in SFDC is a bonus
● Strategic minded with strong execution skills
● Integrated marketing program experience
Experience in virtualization, cloud, Kubernetes and marketing into Enterprise IT is a bonus!