Casetext is looking for a Product / UI / UX Designer to join us at our San Francisco office or in our New York City office.
Casetext empowers attorneys to do their best work and to fight injustice. Our goal is to make the best tools for lawyers to research, read, and understand the law. Read more about our team and company here
Casetext is redesigning the law
Casetext has been praised by lawyers at top firms for its “dead simple interface” and “amazing technology” and described as “one of the coolest products I've used in the last 20 years.” Casetext has been named one of the most innovative companies by the Wold Economic Forum, The Financial Times, Forbes, The National Law Journal and many others.
Lawyers love Casetext because we're build tools that solve the most significant pain points in legal research. We focus on design that solves the underlying problems lawyers encounter in their day-to-day work. This often means developing technologies and design patterns that don't yet exist.
Why design at Casetext?
Casetext is small, tight-knit team inventing a new way for lawyers to work. We're also a diverse group that deeply values a thoughtful, productive, respectful, and collaborative work environment.
As designers, we get to do things at Casetext we wouldn’t get to do elsewhere:
- Design new UI/UX patterns for an entire industry
- Ship our work early and often
- Hold responsibility for every step of the design process, from sketch to to research to the final pixels. Designers at Casetext often lead the projects they work on.
- Think long-term about how we will change our users’ lives in 1, 5, and 10 years
- Frequently collaborate with talented team members from across the company
- Work to deeply understand the needs of attorneys and communicate those needs to the company
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into effective, well-designed tools for our customers
- Develop creative, design-led solutions the core problems lawyers face every day
- Partner with other designers, engineers and attorneys to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception top launch
- Help to define the strategic vision for our products and services
- Help to build a collaborative environment
Casetext makes tools that help lawyers represent their clients and win in court. Lawyers at many of the top law firms in America use Casetext every day.
We’re currently around 30 people strong, and have raised a series B led by some of the best VCs in the country. Our team includes attorneys from top law firms, award-winning designers, visionary engineers, and veteran marketers.
Our team is made up of talented, dedicated people. We each value our respective crafts, and we take the time to teach and learn from others. We have varied backgrounds and interests – from board game design to college basketball and everything in between – and the work-life balance to pursue them. We take pride in the fact that all of our teams, including our leadership team, reflect our commitment to diverse workplace environment.