Here at Zola we are seeking an exceptional Merchandising Planning Intern to join our 2019 Summer Intern class! The main responsibilities of this role are updating receipts, tracking purchase orders, and problem solving out of stock and backorders by building relationships with vendors and third party logistics. This person will assist the merchandising, planning, and operations teams with all tasks related to inventory.
This is an exciting internship for someone eager to have a meaningful impact on an innovative, fast-growing company in the online wedding registry space. The ideal candidate is a problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Strong attention to detail and proven time management skills are a must.
- Manage aspects of the business related to inventory maintenance
- Help generate and distribute weekly, monthly, and seasonal reports
- Manage daily responsibilities including, reconciling and updating receipts, tracking out of stock issues, and communicating necessary information to cross functional teams in a timely manner
- Partner with buying to recommend actions to take on problem inventory
- Communicate with vendors regarding purchase orders, backordered quantities and dates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to problem solve, make decisions, think critically, and analytically
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet changing priorities
- Able to establish relationships with internal and external partners
- Entry Level/Prior work experience and retail knowledge preferable but not required
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press