Zola is looking for an upbeat, organized, and empathetic individual to join our team as a Customer Support Supervisor for our evening shift. As a Supervisor, you will help us grow and manage our team of customer service representatives and be an advocate for our couples. A love of weddings is appreciated!
This full-time role will be based in Charlottesville, Virginia in our Downtown Mall office.
- Manage a team of customer service representatives to meet departmental goals and KPIs.
- Handle the day-to-day operational management of the team in partnership with the other shift supervisors. Facilitate seamless handoffs between shifts and support your fellow colleagues.
- Continuously brainstorm ways to improve our customers' experience and provide feedback to our internal team.
- Handle escalated calls and make good judgment calls on sticky situations when needed.
- Provide coaching and growth support to your team of direct reports.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to support company-wide goals and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 2+ years of experience in e-commerce, customer service, retail, hospitality or a related industry, plus 1 year as a supervisor or team lead managing direct reports. This isn’t your typical call center gig! We welcome unconventional candidates with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to train and manage a team.
- Ability to remain cool, calm, collected and organized, even in times of high volume.
- Ability to empathize is a must - wedding planning can be a stressful time, and your role is to be a problem-solver, advocate, and concierge for the newly engaged couple and their wedding guests.
- Must be proficient with computers and able to learn new programs quickly.
- Acute attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to represent Zola and be the voice of the company while handling customers in a professional manner.
- Naturally intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn in a fast-paced startup environment
Only serious and qualified candidates will be considered. If you think you'd make a great addition to the Zola Team, please reply with your cover letter and resume.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.