The candidate would be:
- Responsible for designing, deploying, operationalizing & growing multiple (publicly facing) private clouds
- Customer Zero for Platform9 products (OpenStack, Kubernetes, & Fission)
- Responsible for designing and implementing a DR plan for these clouds
- Looked at as a technical leader, and would need to train others as they are hired to the team
- This position has the potential to grow in two directions:
- Technical Career Path: As the company grows we will have the need to have an Architect bridge the different business units and design cross-business and cross-platform solutions. This position would be an Enterprise Architect.
- Leadership Career Path: We have plans to hire a Cloud/Infrastructure Manager by 2020 so this candidate would have the opportunity to grow into that role if he/she desired.
Skills a candidate is required to have:
- They know Linux well, we are 100% Linux
- They know some virtualization technology very well. (KVM, VMware, Xen, Hyper-V…)
- They know some sort of automation language (Bash, Python, PowerShell, Etc…)
- Have used some sort of config management (Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, Etc…)
- They need to have worked with physical hardware in the past.
- The candidate won’t be necessarily racking and stacking hardware. But they need to know which hardware to purchase and how to bring it online.
Skills that would put a candidate over the top:
- They have experience automating infrastructure in a Private Cloud (VMware, OpenStack, CloudStack, Etc…)
- KVM virtualization experience
- OpenStack experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience designing in a private data-center
- Rack Layout
- Network Layout
- Which servers they would want to purchase for Hypervisors.