Zola is searching for experienced retail associates for the new Zola store! The associates will help get the store up and running, will support the store manager with day-to-day responsibilities, and will create an exceptional experience for Zola couples, wedding guests, and every other customer. We are looking for passionate and polished individuals who have experience in retail and customer service. The ideal candidate can talk to a brick wall if they have to, and a love of weddings and/or homegoods is a huge plus!
The new Zola Townhouse will be New York City’s premier wedding planning hub. With a focus on registry, this store will allow couples to touch and feel the beautiful products they want to register for. The store associates will assist and educate customers, maintain a clean and organized store, and work with the Store Manager to plan and host events. In addition to the day-to-day customer support and upkeep of the space, the associates must represent Zola’s brand and provide an unparalleled experience for every person that walks in the door. This is a contract role expected to last 1-3 months.
QUALITIES & SKILLS
- Friendly, warm, inviting; top-notch communication skills
- Professional and respected; always able to remain calm and collected
- Being a team player is a must
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to give a consistently seamless customer experience
- Reliable, punctual, and willing to go the extra mile for the team and the customer
- An eye for merchandising is a big bonus!
- Support the Store Manager in getting the store up and running
- Educate customers on the world of Zola and promote the brand with grace and pride
- Engage with Zola couples, show genuine interest in their wedding planning and experience with Zola, and go above and beyond for them in honor of Anything for Love!
- Organize and maintain the merchandising of the store to showcase products and create a flawless experience for Zola couples
- Help plan and host store events; assist with product demos; ability to give craft/cooking/home decor demos a plus!
- Collect and report on feedback from Zola couples and customers who visit the store
- Solve problems as they arrive; must be able to think on your feet and triage issues with autonomy and ease in front of the customer
- Ability to work some weekends
- At least 1+ year in retail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- On-time at the very least, but preferably always early
- Ability to familiarize and educate on multiple brands and products with ease
- A genuine passion for weddings and/or homegoods, and a true love of love!
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
Please apply with your resume and your work day preferences. We're excited to hear from you!