What you'll do:
- Build the core freight-management software platform that allows us to serve a variety of players in the freight transportation sector—manufacturers, national retail chains, trucking companies, dispatchers, and more.
- Design services that effectively scale our data integrations with a diverse set of freight management APIs, automated shipping brokerages, and external data providers.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns, supported by prototypes and data-driven evidence, and be willing to drive proposals through adoption within the team.
- Leverage Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing to enable rapid delivery of new products, APIs, and services.
- Collaborate on the evolving needs and designs of our development, staging, and production environments—put another way, you are opinionated about what enables teams to deliver software effectively and will take ownership of improving our toolchain.
- Play an active role in production software operations. Our engineers collaborate closely and quickly to resolve critical bugs and service outages, lead cross-functional post-mortems, and identify meaningful learnings from incidents.
- Expand the influence of your career experience and technical capabilities by mentoring and collaborating with other engineers and partners. As a Senior Engineer at Transfix, your career trajectory is to amplify your impact in ways that surpass what you can achieve individually with a text editor.
- Our tech stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, RedShift. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like New Relic, Sentry, Airbrake and CloudWatch.
- You have 5+ years professional experience writing, delivering, supporting, and debugging production software.
- You have worked with a variety of modern web technologies (front-end and/or back-end).You advocate for best practices and high quality code in your teams, and are thoughtful about prioritizing improvements that will make meaningful impact in your team.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.