Our vision is to power every autonomous vehicle with the first LiDAR capable of making them both safe and scalable. It’s easy to get an autonomous vehicle to work 99% of the time, but it’s the last 1% that’s preventing them from becoming a reality. That’s where we come in. We’ve built a breakthrough LiDAR from the chip level up, delivering 50x better resolution and 10x longer range than the most advanced LiDARs available today. Luminar is not just a sensor, but the core of a platform that can enable the industry to have safe autonomous vehicles on the road.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), serves as a People and Culture Partner and is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units/locations. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful People and Culture Partner acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, reporting to the Senior Director of People at Luminar. Communicating needs proactively within our People Team, and business management, the People and Culture Partner seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The People and Culture Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Strategy Insights and Planning
- Understand business strategy, plan, and activities, assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions (e.g. leadership development and gaps, succession planning, workforce planning, etc.)
- Partner with leaders on developing short and longer term people strategies and annual goal setting process to ensure alignment to business groups strategic priorities.
- Foster and execute people related solutions aligned to broader priorities and plans (e.g. employee experience, compensation, cultural alignment, risk management and compliance, etc.), by partnering within the established People Team ecosystem.
- Provide ongoing HR consulting services to employees and leaders on talent related programs, practices, policies, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy, identification of risk, impact to the business and recommended solutions.
- Guide and influence decisions on Talent Management including succession planning (e.g. profiling candidates, identification of enterprise wide talent, diversity, workforce planning etc.)
- Provide meaningful guidance and insights to leaders while facilitating talent roundtables and recommending action plans (e.g. forecasting talent pipeline requirements)
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and best practices within business group and in external environment to ensure alignment of business objectives to the people strategy
- Partner with the People Team program managers to effectively provide business context in order to collaboratively design, develop and implement annual programs (e.g. performance assessment planning, talent management activities including assessment of potential and succession planning, compensation reviews, etc.)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure a strong Luminar aligned approach for the business’ people related strategies; acting as liaison to positively influence and align the agendas of both the business and HR and to ensure the business context is communicated and understood.
- Provide thoughtful and effective coaching to leaders on performance management, structural and staffing issues, including compensation, organization design, employee engagement and overall organizational effectiveness
- Coach leaders to manage and maximize the skills/capabilities of their team members to create an environment of high performance and openness
- Proactively identify partnership opportunities to foster effective relationships between business and broader Luminar community (e.g. monthly update meetings, cross functional project teams, etc.)
Data Analysis, Processes and Systems
- Interpret and analyze management information and data to assist in making appropriate business decisions based on HR metrics and trends for business unit
- Provide guidance to ensure that business context (both internal and external) is applied to data analysis
- Drive workforce planning strategy in partnership with business leaders, Talent Acquisition, and People Team leadership by proactively identifying resourcing issues and making recommendations based on predictive modeling and analytics (e.g. monitoring FTE levels, anticipated growth plans, work efficiency models, etc).
- Advocate the use of Luminar’s internal systems to employees and managers to keep accurate data in the system
- Act as project lead on people change initiatives and/or point of escalation for unresolved issues requiring alignment to resolution
- Anticipate people specific needs that drive business strategies forward
- Challenge the status quo in order to continuously add business value
- Turn ambiguous problems/blank pages into structured approaches and structured create change plan
- Be a steward of Luminar’s culture
- Apply governance to policies and procedures, government legislation and regulatory requirements across various jurisdictions (e.g. FLSA)
- Engage Employee Relations to advise/guide leaders on difficult/complex ER matters (harassment, discrimination, termination)
- Comply with audit processes
- Adhere to policy and procedure documentation controls