Here at Zola, we’re seeking an exceptional Senior Manager, Vendor Marketplace to work alongside the GM, Marketplace and Inspiration to launch a new product. This business is at a very early stage of development within a Series-D-startup, and we’re looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, analytical, creative leader who can help launch and grow this game-changing new opportunity.
Your ultimate goal for this opportunity will be to exponentially grow the number of couples we’re serving and connect them to vendors to deliver their wedding vision, while developing and testing ways to increase their lifetime value. With the big picture in mind, and a firm grasp on the details, you’ll work with a cross-functional team to execute on the Inspiration strategy, anticipate and make trade-offs, identify and solve bottlenecks, and deliver an amazing customer experience while keeping the business needs in mind.
Our ideal candidate has spent some time at a top-tier strategic consulting firm and has also been a core part of launching and growing businesses - ideally at a tech or consumer startup. You love both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You are a structured and creative thinker, and able to toggle easily between the big themes and the little details. You are equally comfortable in Excel and PowerPoint, which you use to prepare and communicate analysis to leadership, and you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
As Senior Manager for this new vertical, you’ll report into the GM, Marketplace of Inspiration and help drive business decisions and execution:
- Define and execute the business strategy
- Define the requirements and go-to-market for launching the marketplace
- Drive the annual plan for this new business opportunity
- Develop the required resource structure to deliver the marketplace and lead hiring initiatives to build the team
- Deeply understand the customer and think creatively about how to serve them better
- Lead the charge toward massive market share growth
- BA/BS and MBA preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment working in product, product marketing, growth, strategy, business operations, or a related field
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with marketplaces preferred
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional teams toward big goals on aggressive timelines
- Exceptional business and customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build trusted business relationships across functional teams
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.