The Manager for Customer Insights is responsible for driving understanding of customer value, behavior, preferences, etc. for marketing, merchandising, and strategy. They will act as a thought leader for all Zola customer research efforts and influence the direction of decisions across the company by representing the voice of the customer (e.g., new features, campaign/messaging development, assortment). It’s an exciting opportunity help Zola connect to the customer and their needs.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated record of excellent analytical rigor, full understanding of quantitative and qualitative methodologies including voice of customer, focus groups and ethnographies and can convey data-driven insights in a clear, actionable and narrative fashion.
- Develop & execute all customer research projects, including monthly NPS satisfaction surveys, brand awareness and positioning research, advertising research and longitudinal tracking
- Develop a robust approach to gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing insights
- Generate dashboards/reports that provide actionable insights and identify growth opportunities
- Help create a customer segmentation framework based on CLTV and attitudinal factors, and help Marketing team optimize marketing campaigns against those segments
- Create digestible, rich daily/weekly/monthly reports on key metrics for leadership and the broader team
- 3+ years of direct experience in marketing research, customer analytics
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, psychology, sociology or research preferred (advanced degree a plus)
- Knowledgeable with various survey and research methodologies and best practices
- Strong experience translating business needs into in questionnaire/discussion guide development
- Can turn insights into action
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and through PPT / Excel
- Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally as well as with outside vendors
- Great attention to detail
- Naturally intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn in a fast-paced startup environment
Please address all cover letters to Kathleen DeTurris on our talent team. Any applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and therefore not considered.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.