Zola is seeking a Junior Photographer extraordinaire to join our creative team. Our Junior Photographer will collaborate with the merchandising and creative teams to plan, produce and execute product photography within our registry categories including tabletop, kitchenware, bed, bath, and furniture. They will be motivated, organized and have a proactive, positive attitude. The successful candidate is equally comfortable planning, lighting and retouching as they are implementing organizational, file-sharing systems for our every-growing library of imagery. They will partner with the art director, creative coordinator, videographer and samples coordinator to maintain the studio (equipment, sets, process). Key metrics are excellent creative vision, effective organization and maximizing shot count per shoot. An interest in home and styling is a must!
- Planning, production, photography, styling and light retouching of product imagery
- Responsible for organizing, daily file renaming, uploading, and delivery of images
- Work with merchandising team to understand specific vendor style guidelines, shot count and deliverables
- Ensure consistency of image composition and lighting across various brands including Zola’s private label collection
- Partners with studio manager and videographer to build and maintain camera and lighting equipment inventory
- Support occasional photography needs outside product still life: headshots, invitations/paper, on-site needs
- 1-3 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, or equivalent
- Studio shooting experience for commercial clients is a plus
- Proficiency with all studio tools, lighting, technical software and systems
- Familiarity with all aspects of digital image quality and output: file size, light and color balancing, Photoshop
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits a refined aesthetic
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Desire to learn and grow, self-motivated, positive attitude!
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.