The Manager, Marketing Analytics will help Zola’s marketing team develop new and improve existing frameworks for marketing channel effectiveness as we rapidly scale marketing investment. This role will help bridge acquisition and retention to inform marketing strategy overall.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of excellent analytical rigor, leveraging data to drive a business forward and creative problem-solving skills. They will need to be “hands on” to improve reporting, refine audience segmentation, drive campaign and ad hoc analyses as well as bring an understanding of marketing measurement and attribution skills.
- Create, improve and maintain reports, data models, and dashboards for key marketing stakeholders. Includes setting appropriate KPIs and working with cross-functional partners to build infrastructure to automate or expediate processes
- Help marketing evolve current channel attribution framework
- Improve and refine existing channel forecasting tools in partnership with marketing managers
- Analyze campaign and test results to optimize customer acquisition, retention and revenue
- Create and continuously optimize a holistic customer lifecycle view of our users, and work with CRM team to drive accretive value via marketing program optimizations and cohort analysis
- Help develop and optimize audience communication strategy and target audiences for all tests and customer communications. Incudes supporting campaign execution (e.g. uploading audiences, etc.)
- Act as Looker power user and stakeholder with Data Warehouse team for Marketing
- When needed, help source and manage external vendors and agencies
- 3+ years of experience in online, e-commerce, or performance marketing
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or a related field (advanced degree a plus)
- Excellent SQL, SAS skills and knowledge in Looker or similar business intelligence software
- Understanding of machine learning, data science, R, Python is a plus
- Working experience in data warehouse technologies
- Experience with third-party web & mobile analytics tools
- High level of critical thinking with ability to synthesize data to drive actionable insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical (Data Science/Engineering) and non-technical stakeholders (Marketing/Finance).
- Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally as well as with outside vendors
- Intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn and contribute in a fast-paced startup environment
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.