Here at Zola, we’re seeking an exceptional Strategic Business Manager to work alongside the Head of Invitations. This business is at a very early stage of development within a Series-D-startup, and we’re looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, analytical, creative leader who can help launch and grow the Weddings Invitations and Paper business.
As a Strategic Business Manager, we are looking for someone to service as an expert on the business and market for the Weddings Invitations and Paper business.
- Go-to person for questions about customer value, preferences, and industry trends.
- Partners with Customer Insights to research new topics & understand customer/market
- Monitors market & competitors
Partners with BU head to set the business strategy and execution in line with BU goals:
- Monitors metrics and flags/investigates risks and opportunities
- Assists with business and financial analysis of new opportunities
- Helps build go to market strategy
- Iterate with Marketing on our marketing messaging and strategy
- Identify and pursue key partnerships with Business Development
- Defines and owns BU-specific reporting
- Provides input to FP&A for monthly forecasting and annual planning
- Assist with hiring cross-functionally for roles dedicated to the new vertical
- Supports board slides
- On new initiatives:
- Set feature/project objective (OKRs)
- Provide input on feature development
- Analyze performance
- Continuously improve customer engagement, satisfaction, and retention
- Identifies opportunities, Builds the business case; determines cost/benefit and hurdle for success: (Examples - acquisitions, monetization, partnerships, award programs, offshoring)
- Manages cross-functional needs other than Product/Tech (e.g., Finance, Legal, Ops, Marketing)
- BA/BS and MBA preferred
- 6+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment working in product, product marketing, growth, strategy, business operations, or a related field
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and Business Intelligence experience required
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker or Tableau a strong plus
- Ability to write SQL queries preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional teams toward big goals on aggressive timelines
- Exceptional business and customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build trusted business relationships across functional teams
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.