Zola, one of New York’s fastest growing startups, is seeking a talented, creative, and passionate Front End Software Engineer to join and work on our Front End Team in our Montreal office. Zola is growing rapidly and is constantly pushing the boundaries in technology. We value hard work, an orientation for speed and a passion for developing best-in-class user experiences.
You will work closely across functions, including product, user experience, merchandising, business, marketing, and of course, technology.
- Collaborate with tech and product to implement and build a new kind of e-commerce and wedding planning experience
- Manage and contribute code to large scale projects from inception to completion
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Identify and remedy performance bottlenecks
- Communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Understand tradeoffs between design and performance
- 3+ years of user facing frontend experience
- Experience with React or Angular and a willingness to learn both
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and the ability to debug issues
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
We are open to including new technologies where and when they make sense and always strive to push the limits of the e-commerce and wedding planning user experience.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press
To apply, please submit your resume and include a brief cover letter about why you’re interested in Zola and in this role specifically.