Zola is looking for a whip-smart Freelance Copywriter to join it's marketing team in our Montreal office! This person will support the Creative Project manager and Marketing/Invitations team.
We're looking for a person who is
- Excited to craft copy that guides our couples and their guests through our site and app.
- Delighted by thoughtful site experiences and helpful online tools that simplify complex tasks. You love when a site addresses you by name and sounds like an actual person, not a robot.
- A multitasker to the max. When asked to juggle multiple projects at once, you don't get easily overwhelmed. You're a fan of prioritizing and if needed, not afraid to ask for help.
- Highly detail-oriented. You're confident in being your own editor and have an eagle eye for catching typos, misspelled words, and grammatical errors.
- Love efficiency. You prefer using two words over four. You appreciate clear deadlines. When given edits, you act fast (and carefully).
- Excited to collaborate. You're a people person and jump at the chance to work with a variety of personalities, whether it's fellow writers, product designers, or engineers.
- Write clear, concise copy incorporating Zola's tone that guides users through our Invites + Paper experiences on site, mobile, and app.
- Support copy team as needed in addition to Brand Marketing team as a whole.
- 3-5 years experience writing for an ecommerce site (familiarity with writing SEO-friendly copy).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in all-things digital—websites, apps, social media.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.