We are looking for a smart, driven, and detail-oriented Merchandising Assistant who wants to join our team in New York and dive in and learn the nuts and bolts of merchandising. This is an entry level position. This person is responsible for implementing and executing product set up information for Zola vendors. He or she will manage set-up, purchase orders, images, and pricing in a timely and accurate fashion to maximize sales and help achieve financial objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in e-commerce as well as a strong desire to gain the technical and practical knowledge required to launch a career in buying. This person will work closely with all members of the Merchandising Team, and have exposure to all facets of the company including cross-functional partners in Operations, Marketing, Tech, and Design.
- Manage online product content for Zola.com, including product descriptions, copy, and pricing. Build and maintain databases of product attribute data and pricing.
- Support tracking and coordination for product develop projects and other organizational tasks to support all categories of business.
- Manage Excel assortment plan and pull together all product set up information.
- Manage the product upload process for new vendors and for re-assortments, making sure product set up information as well as images are available in a timely manner so that products are ready to go live in a timely manner.
- Manage the purchase order process from end-to-end, including but not limited to entry, maintenance, and resolving issues.
- Respond, research inquires/issues from external customers relating to customer service questions.
- Pull reporting for sales, order tracking and other analyses.
- Support the merchandising team, performing administrative tasks as necessary.
- Support the department's visual merchandising on the site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Merchandising or quantitative/analytical major
- Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of follow through
- Ability to handle multiple demands while maintaining a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive in nature; resolves or appropriately escalates issues
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excel proficiency; advanced pivot table & vlookup experience a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interest in startups and new businesses (experience in an early stage company a plus)
REQUIREMENT: Please address your cover letter to Connie Kim. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love. Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.