WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An experienced operator in the travel industry who has worked in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- A user oriented leader with experience developing a new business in a high-tech startup
- A team player who is an exceptional motivator and mentor
- A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
- A product oriented partner to cross-functional teams, who can prioritize, evaluate, and make decisions to benefit the overall business
- A data-driven and action-oriented hustler
- A business partner with a strong understanding of the many factors at play in the evolution of a new product; market and trend research & analysis, user experience testing, target marketing, positioning and strategy, and more
- A generous and kind human who can strategize and deliver while upholding Zola’s mission and core values
- Develop, define, and execute the vision and strategy for a new innovative product, including both the day to day operations and Zola’s long-term plan
- Shepherd this new product in partnership with the Product, UX, Design and Eng teams through its many stages while thinking ahead to secure its position in the market
- Establish, track, and interpret KPIs to diagnose current business trends and forecast future performance
- Collaborate with the Product, UX, Design, Marketing, BD, F+A, Operations and engineering teams and external partners to actualize business milestones in market; build processes and bring ideas to fruition that are possible and sustainable; know and understand the tech limits and possibilities
- Cultivate a goal-oriented environment for your team; manage and support your team’s daily efforts to ensure their work is effective and aligned with Zola’s mission
- Partner with Customer Service to understand user feedback coming through that channel, and improve support experience for this product line.
- Partner with Engineering team to ensure product and technology is being built in a way that is scalable, sustainable and reliable.
- Define team and resource needs, and partner with cross functional team to grow team in a reasonable, thoughtful way.
- Drive SEO initiatives specific to certain products
- Evaluate potential acquisition opportunities as they arise
- BA/BS; MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in a fast paced environment working in growth, strategy, business operations, or a related field
- Must have experience in the Travel industry as well as working in a high-tech startup
- Exceptional business strategy and customer experience judgement
- Exceptional managerial experience
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.