Zola is looking for an innovative product leader to drive the wedding planning experience - from engagement to after the wedding - within our native mobile apps. Our ideal candidate is someone who is ready to own the product strategy across all the different stages of wedding planning and connect the dots about how changes to the mobile experience translate to business impact. We are looking for someone with a strong product mind and experience building best in class mobile experiences - but also can roll their sleeves up and jump in as an analyst as well as handle the nitty gritty of working with operations and customer support to drive projects forward. We are looking for someone that wants to juggle all that comes with executing while evaluating big ideas with thoughtful analysis, identification of risks and accurate project plans.
This person will own the roadmap and associated business KPIs for Zola’s native mobile applications. You will prioritize key features, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and execute on the vision of the business, all while keeping the customer needs top of mind. You will work extremely closely with the entire product management team to ensure there is crystal clear alignment on what is happening across web and native platforms. You will work with cross-functional partners across all of Zola’s businesses to ensure you understand their needs and partner to drive big business impact.
Our ideal candidate loves both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You love using and learning about new mobile technologies. You are a problem solver, a fast learner, and have a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects at the same time. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Manage the native mobile roadmap (iOS and Android), continuously balancing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with business partners, engineering, product design, marketing and other internal teams to deliver products in a timely manner
- Track and report out on performance of key metrics
- Analyze how native mobile performance ties to business trends and relevant metrics and proactively report out findings to stakeholders and partners.
- Own project management across projects and teams to ensure all stakeholders have the information they need and we can deliver the project on time
- Conduct business and financial analysis of new opportunities we could tackle on native mobile
- 5+ years professional experience
- 2+ years mobile product management experience at a consumer-focused company
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role or operational role in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Solid understanding of native mobile technologies
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to audiences of all types (technical and non-technical)
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Exceptional technical, business and customer experience judgment
- Excellent quantitative skills. Understanding of SQL, Google Analytics and Segment a major plus!
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks
- Team player and a great communicator
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.