Here are Zola, we are seeking a passionate Lead User Experience Researcher to join our cross-disciplinary product team. This person will help us identify and validate the right problems to tackle, conducting research that optimizes the design, strategy and development of our products and ensure our products align with our core mission. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with an amazing team of smart and talented designers, product managers and developers. Your research will be instrumental in creating products that support our customers throughout their wedding planning journeys and beyond.
- Partner with product designers, product managers and other key stakeholders to identify research topics and questions of interest that are relevant to the business.
- Develop research projects that align with and contribute to product strategies.
- Help us to identify and understand the questions we need to answer in order to move product strategy and execution forward.
- Recruit participants, manage participant incentives, organize data collected from studies, and drive insight sessions.
- Conduct end-to-end research through a wide variety of methodologies, utilizing a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques in your toolkit (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, focus groups, surveys).
- Facilitate user testing on designs in progress, click-through prototypes, beta versions and finished features/products.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical requirements and considerations into research.
- Contribute to the development of a strong and innovative research practice at Zola.
- Ability to teach and train research methods to internal team members across the organization
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and executing field research with demonstrable impact on business outcomes.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Experience in e-commerce services preferred.
- You identify as a creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You embrace uncertainty, are comfortable crafting your own research plans, and are capable of identifying the right methodology for the study at hand.
- Display strong understanding of the strengths and short
- Creative, scrappy and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about being part of a fast-paced, innovative tech start- up
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others