Technical Program Manager (TS Clearance) at Kinetica
Arlington, VA, US
The Kinetica Active Analytics Platform combines streaming and historical data with location intelligence and machine learning-powered analytics. Organizations across automotive, energy, telecommunications, retail, healthcare, financial services, and beyond leverage the platform’s GPU-accelerated computing power to build custom analytical applications that deliver immediate, dynamic insight. Kinetica has a rich partner ecosystem, including NVIDIA, Dell, HP, and IBM, and is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, and Meritech Capital Partners.
For more information and trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kinetica is in search of a Technical Program Manager to focus on Big Data & Analytics. As a Technical Program Manager, you’ll provide data sets, services, and infrastructure to help our business partners make sound, data-driven decisions. You will lead projects to manage large volumes of corporate data, enable data discovery and security, master and integrate disparate datasets, and deliver clean, secure platforms for reporting and advanced analytics.
In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate with various project stakeholders.
- Experience working on multiple projects with different stakeholders, and make data-driven decisions and judgment.
- Create detailed functional specifications that meet the business needs of our teams and balance business priorities vs. technical constraints.
- Define and maintain a product roadmap that optimally balances business priorities, implementation cost, and project risk.
- Drive and track the entire software life cycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Provide effective written and verbal status updates on the product roadmap.
- Have strong communication skills to interact with executives, non-technical and technical individuals.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
- Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution
- 6+ years of work experience in the role of data engineer, BI engineer, data architect, data team manager, or Technical Program Manager.
- Maturity, negotiation/influence, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications.
- Ability to work independently, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing very large data warehouses and Big Data or Data Lake solutions
- Expert in writing SQL scripts.
- Expert knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS and Spark.
- A passion for technology.
- We are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills while trying new approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms.
- Experience with data analysis using various scripting languages including SQL, tools, and/or platforms.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Solid communication skills and a team player.
- Open to the following locations: NY - IL - TX - WA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.