Zola, the fastest growing wedding company in the country, is seeking a Director of Data to define, drive and execute Zola’s data advantage and shape the data team. As the Head of Data, you will be part of a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team that helps define, drive and execute Zola’s data advantage and shape the data team! This is a unique opportunity to join one of the hottest start-ups that is reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couple’s lives even happier! From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology.
- Define, collect feedback and communicate Zola’s vision for leveraging Data to better serve our couples, guests, vendors and employees.
- Establish a roadmap and team to drive towards that data vision, including BI and data-as-a-product roadmaps
- Hire, motivate, develop and engage the team to create a world class data function and discipline at Zola
- Partner with cross functional teams to create the right processes and strategies for data collection, utilization, reporting and analysis.
- Develop and deliver on KPIs to measure Zola’s data goals.
- Maximize the full data lifecycle from concept to delivery and build upon existing data processes and implement a long-term data roadmap
- Partner with Engineering and Product to productize Machine Learning into relevant parts of the product portfolio
- Partner with Business Units, Leadership, Product and Engineering to consistently iterate and improve upon Zola’s proprietary home style profiles, wedding style profiles, plus more
- Innovate towards providing the most relevant next action for Zola couples on the Zola platform based on the stage in their wedding planning journey
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Degree in CS, statistics, or applied mathematics
- First class experience in data/e-commerce roles and digital analytics.
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Strong Knowledge of languages used for data analysis such as Python, R and SQL
- Knowledge of data warehouse design including star and snowflake schemas, relational and columnar databases
- Experience applying statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (machine learning, predictive analytics)
- Ability to synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data and communicate relevant insights
- Deep knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Visualization tools and expertise in predictive modelling
- Broad and in-depth understanding of core and emerging analytical methods and approaches, and how they can be deployed to drive value within a digital business
- Strong analytical skills spanning quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- Experience working in high growth start-up
- Demonstrated history of leading a data team, hiring and developing world class team members
- Ability to move from high-level strategy into tactical, hands-on work
- Must be a team player and willing to put the company first
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.