We are looking for a smart, driven, and detail-oriented Assistant Buyer who wants to join our team in New York and support the Buyer with executing business strategies designed to maximize sales and margins. This person is responsible for implementing and executing product set up information for Zola vendors. He or she will manage sku set-up, purchase orders, images, and pricing in a timely and accurate fashion to maximize sales and help achieve financial objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in e-commerce as well as a strong desire to gain the technical and practical knowledge required to grow in their buying career. This person will work closely with all members of the Merchandising Team and have exposure to all facets of the company including cross-functional partners in Operations and Marketing.
- Develop a working knowledge of Buying functions including: sourcing and developing an assortment, vendor management, sales analysis and product exposure strategies.
- Build and manage vendor relationships throughout the vendor lifecycle, including facilitating onboarding, optimization, and compliance.
- Pull category/vendor analysis and contribute to identifying takeaways and action steps.
- Responsible for sku creation, sku attribution and maintenance for designated departments.
- Manage the purchase order process from end-to-end, including but not limited to entry, maintenance, and resolving issues.
- Manage online product content for Zola.com, including product descriptions, copy, and pricing. Build and maintain databases of product attribute data and pricing.
- Support the department's visual merchandising on the site.
- Understand the competition and product trends in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Merchandising or quantitative/analytical major
- Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, operate independently, and deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Retail math skills; ability to analyze sales/trends and apply learnings to support effective decisions.
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess precise attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive in nature; resolves or appropriately escalates issues
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excel proficiency; advanced pivot table & v-lookup experience a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interest in startups and new businesses (experience in an early stage company a plus)
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love. Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.