You're a great fit for this role if:
- You’re a litigator with private practice experience looking for a new adventure in a law-adjacent but not litigation practice role.
- You’re drawn toward innovation, especially innovation in the law.
- You’re a fast and clear writer.
- You learn quickly and love taking on new substantive legal topics.
- You’re great at prioritizing and cutting through tasks efficiently. You don’t get fazed by a large quantity of information.
- You’ve always secretly wanted to work at a fast-growing, scrappy startup, but haven’t found the right fit yet.
- You have an exceptional work ethic. You hold yourself and your work to an obsessively-high standard.
- Research and outline key legal topics across diverse practice areas
- Draft well-researched, precedent-supported substantive legal arguments
- Coordinate, collaborate with, and edit submissions from contributors outside the company
- Work closely with Casetext leadership, legal editors, and product team to help drive the development and expansion of a ground-breaking new legal product
- Competitive compensation in equity and salary
- Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
- Be an early employee at a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
- Personal tech budget
- Public transportation costs are covered (HQ is conveniently located walking distance to Caltrain, BART, and Muni)
- We support families with generous maternity and paternity leave
- We eat catered lunches together every day
- The office is stocked with all the snacks and coffee you'd ever want
- We're a close-knit team of people who really enjoy working together