We are looking for DevOps Engineers to help us build an awesome new product/service for the consumer insurance market in the US. We build our app using a flexible stack of frontend and backend technologies including Docker, Docker Swarm, MySQL and Elasticsearch. Right now we are migrating our cluster to Kubernetes. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but working experience with at least a few of them is a fine alternative. We embrace lean startup, continuous integration, and agile development concepts.
We are looking for people who understand the need to build reliable infrastructure architecture. We are open to choosing the best new and exciting tools to get the job done and having fun at the same time.
We are an open, diverse and collaborative team working across Silicon Valley, Germany, and Poland. This position is based in Lodz, Poland, with a healthy dose of remote work.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- building repeatable infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible
- thorough understanding of Docker and Kubernetes,
- hands-on experience with managing production environments,
- advanced practical knowledge of modern CI/CD tools,
- AWS certificates will be a plus
Kinds of things you would do during a typical week if you were to join Gabi
- migrating our Docker Swarm to managed K8s,
- collaborate with other team members to design, review or comment on a technical proposal,
- propose a new architectural concepts,
- monitor stability and health of our infrastructure,
- perform root cause analysis for production errors,
- support internal teams on multiple platforms.
What we consider critical for engineering positions at Gabi
- enthusiastic and open-minded approach to improve infrastructure maintainability and availability,
- excellent English communication skills allowing you to explain, discuss and describe complex technical concepts both to technical and non-technical team members across different locations,
- thorough understanding of containerization technologies,
- self-guidance when solving technical issues,
- ability to lead architecture discussions and help make technical decisions,
- a strong habit of automating infrastructure setup,
- working knowledge of web security concepts and ways of preventing security problems,
- strong CS fundamentals
Our offer includes
- inspiring startup culture with a focus on delivering awesome features for our customers,
- flexible working hours and locations,
- competitive salary and benefits,
- option to travel and work with the team in San Francisco every couple of months.