Zola is looking for a whip-smart Senior Copywriter to join its marketing team. This person will report into the Senior Content Strategist.
We're looking for a person who is
- Excited to encourage couples to join the Zola world and drive them to use our services.
- Familiar with the creative process. You understand how an idea comes to life across several channels, then can make it happen.
- Comfortable switching gears between left-brain and right-brain. You’re able to apply your creativity to business and product objectives.
- As delighted by a brand campaign as they are a product feature and knows how to craft great copy for each.
- A confident editor with an eagle eye for catching typos, misspelled words, confusing syntax, and grammatical errors.
- Invested in nurturing great copy talent.
- A multitasker to the max. When asked to juggle multiple projects at once, you don't get easily overwhelmed. You love prioritization. You’re not afraid to ask for help.
- Efficient. You prefer using two words over four. You appreciate clear deadlines. When given edits, you act fast (and carefully).
- An all-star collaborator. You're a people person and jump at the chance to work with a variety of personalities and roles from writers and graphic designers to product managers.
- Fluent in all-things digital—websites, apps, social media.
- Oversee Zola’s voice and tone, editing for consistency across all marketing channels and products.
- Collaborate with channel and product leads to solve various challenges.
- Partner with creative team to create compelling assets across channels.
- Manage and mentor junior and mid-level copywriters.
- Maintain copy process and the Zola copy style guide.
- Write copy in partnership with the copy team.
- Support Brand Marketing team as needed.
- 5 years experience writing and editing both marketing and UX copy for ecommerce brands.
- Portfolio with relevant work as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Managing experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.