Platform9 was founded with a mission to enable freedom in cloud computing everywhere, to provide a solution that is both easy to operate and scale while supporting the broad capabilities required to run private, edge or hybrid clouds. Our cloud platform supports industry-standard open-source technologies--such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Prometheus, and related services--and simplifies operations and scalability with SaaS management and robust SLAs in on-premises or edge environments.
We are looking for a product marketing rock-star who will collaborate with sales, marketing, product management, and executive management to create and continuously refine messaging, positioning, content and sales enablement collateral for our innovative SaaS managed private, edge, and hybrid cloud solutions. This role will be based in our Mountain View office in the San Francisco Bay Area and will report into the Head of Product Marketing. We prefer local candidates.
- Develop messaging and positioning for our SaaS offerings around Virtualization, Kubernetes, Bare Metal, and Observability.
- Own the content strategy to create a diverse set of marketing assets and collateral for specific vertical markets such as retail, media, entertainment, and telco markets including defining the target persona, clarifying problems to be solved, documenting the solution using Platform9 technologies, and business benefits
- Work with our product management, demand generation, and technical teams to develop customer-facing slides, white papers, presentations, case studies, solutions briefs, web content, data sheets, and sales enablement material in support of our marketing campaigns and demand generation efforts
- Assist with the sales enablement strategy for our SDR’s and field sales teams creating training content, sales playbooks, and review/refine outbound campaign content.
- Coordinate with technical partners where appropriate to align messaging and solutions; create materials that can be used by all relevant partners for their marketing efforts
- Track competitive development and create competitive battle cards for our SDR and field teams as well as create content that highlights Platform9 differentiation versus the competition
- Deliver presentations on the Platform9 value proposition and technology in our webinars, industry events, etc
- Work with the product management team to launch new versions of products and create assets that highlight the benefits of the new features.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience with a deep understanding of customer use cases and challenges in cloud infrastructure and cloud-native application development.
- Excellent understanding of public and private cloud (IaaS, PaaS) cloud markets, including key players, market trends, key industry analysts, and the overall technology direction
- Familiar with OpenStack, VMware, AWS, Azure, GCP, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes and related ecosystems
- Nice to have: understanding of DevOps automation tools (CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Git etc)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand stories in a wide range of formats (e.g., blog posts, external and sales collateral, videos, web copy, white papers, tutorials, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate effectively and respond quickly in a fast-moving start-up culture dealing with challenging and ever-changing new technologies and dynamic market conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, marketing, business, economics, or a related area; MBA is a plus
What Platform9 Offers
- Work with highly collaborative, friendly, and helpful colleagues to build cloud technologies that enable enterprises to enjoy the freedom of cloud computing everywhere, on-premises, edge, and hybrid clouds.
- Get involved in cutting-edge innovation in SaaS delivery models, containerization, and open-source communities
- Enjoy the high-energy start-up culture where customer obsession, innovation, openness, bias towards action and speed are valued.
- Get a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.