At Fluxx, our vision is to democratize philanthropy. We provide software that powers giving and impact helping foundations and nonprofits grant easier, collaborate better, and drive more change. We’ve always considered ourselves more than a tech company. At our core, we’re a mission-driven organization made up of a strong community of committed individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re making an impact in philanthropy, we volunteer and serve our community, and we’re thrilled to have an amazing team. We need the best talent to continue to drive our mission forward.
Who we are looking for:
The Director of DevOps and Information Security role is focused on leading corporate security initiatives, managing a team of DevSecOps engineers implementing effective technical cybersecurity measures, and building and maintaining our operational infrastructure. You are a hands on leader who has built and managed highly scalable and mission critical cloud SaaS systems.
The role, while a management position, will require hands-on solutionary and iterative problem solving. You will work closely with all Engineering teams as well as other departments to ensure excellence in performance, monitoring, and security as well as security and policy compliance. You will also work cross-functionally with the Director of Engineering, Chief Operating Officer and Human Resources to plan and execute on company-wide initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Own, monitor and report on compliance with security policies (such as SOC2 and HIPPA), as well as the enforcement of policies within the IT department.
- Lead your team to ensure we have highly-available and secure infrastructure with appropriate automation, monitoring, intrusion analysis, and incident response.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Work with leadership across all teams to support compliance initiatives including training around Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and associated federal and state privacy laws.
- Develop metrics to measure performance against initiatives and report on those to stakeholders.
- Represent Fluxx’s platform to clients and prospects.
- Stay informed and lead the evolution of our continuous delivery systems on AWS.
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements; liaise with IT management to align existing technical installed base and skills with future architectural requirements.
- Develop and coordinate roadmaps across security, engineering and IT functions to ensure our plans are in sync, we have dependencies identified, and are working toward common goals.
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years managing a high-functioning team
- Experience with provisioning and deploying SAAS-based applications in AWS
- Passion for solving operational technical challenges with scalable automated solutions to technical challenges
- AWS Certification in Security - Specialty
- Experience leading an operations organization of some form; SecOps, DevSecOPs, DevOps
- Experience with security laws and frameworks such as SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, HITRUST, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, and others
- Deep knowledge of security/operations infrastructure including: network infrastructure components (routers, firewalls), vulnerability management tools, IDS/IPS, SIEM, WAF, etc.
- Deep understanding of CI and containerization - experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Commitment to improvement
- Startup or fast-growing company experience is a plus
A little more about Fluxx:
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Fluxx's culture. We are a mission-driven company and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are community-driven and a great place to work. Join the team and help us achieve our mission!
At Fluxx, we're looking for people with grit, passion, and a sense of humor. We encourage you to apply - even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out especially if your career path is unique!