What our frontend developers do:
- Design, build and maintain modern, responsive user experiences that our customers love
- Help diagnose and debug production issues on customer environments
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to build features that will be used at large scale
- Follow – and develop – good engineering practices, tools and processes
- Simple, consistent interface to deploy Kubernetes clusters on internal data centers, or on AWS
- Making Kubernetes clusters autoscale effectively on AWS
- Integrating Kubernetes authorization with OpenStack
- Omni – A collection of open source drivers that extend OpenStack to allow control of public clouds
- Mors – An open-source lease manager for OpenStack
- You can work as part of a team, and treat others with respect and kindness.
- You take pride in your craft, and hold yourself and others to high standards.
- You can approach software development from a user’s point of view. You don’t have to be a designer, but you know a good or bad user experience when you see it.
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
- You are good at spoken and written communication – this includes design documentation, APIs, comments and everything else that goes with building maintainable software
- You’re passionate about the exciting parts of the job, but recognize that not all of the necessary work will be fun.
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies. The “cloud native” field of software is rapidly evolving: you’ll need to stay aware of it and quickly learn new technologies whenever necessary or relevant.
Our Technology Stack:
- Gulp with NodeJS
Benefits & Policies
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Disability Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation policies
- Catered lunches
- On-site massages
What to expect from the interview process
- If you’re interested, please send us a resume and a short paragraph or two about why you want to work at Platform9.
- Work sample – If we believe you’ll be a good fit, you’ll be given a small coding problem. You can implement the solution in any programming language you like, and we’ll use hackerrank for automated testing of your solution. It’s designed to take a few hours of your time, and we’ll give you plenty of time to complete it.
- Phone interview – If you pass the work sample test, we’ll conduct a phone interview. In this interview we’ll talk about your past experience, interests and try to assess if your background is a good fit.
- In-person interview – If the phone interview goes well, we’ll invite you to the Platform9 office for an in-person conversation with our team.
- We’ll let you know of our decision either way within 7 days.