Thrive Global is developing a state-of-the-art measurement and behavior change tool to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. We’re building a best-in-class tech team with a passion for our mission and top-notch skills to help us make this a reality. As a Senior Software Engineer who specializes in Android development, your mission is to design, innovate and code our Behavior Change app for Android OS.
Who We Are Looking For
- An experienced product-minded android engineer with a proven track-record of using mobile development best practices
- An adaptable and results-driven professional with experience navigating product pivots and successfully shipping product
- A problem solver and creative thinker, who takes pride in writing clean, scalable, well-tested code
- Someone with a solid understanding of how native mobile applications work(including security and session management) and how to integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- A critical thinker who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines
- Someone who is energized by the dynamics of a start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy to get work done
- A team player who knows how to collaborate and communicate well
How You’ll Contribute
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to deliver compelling consumer-facing products on the Android Platform.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions that drive complex Android UI’s
- Engage with designers in discussions about product and interaction design
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on Google Play.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 2+ years software development experience
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 3+ years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- 3+ years mobile application development experience
- Experience with Java language and related frameworks
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with caching mechanisms
- Coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Knowledge on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs