A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design Industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online marketplace where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global - and we will be expanding from our UK office into another European location, and then into the US. We have a number of high profile investors including a large US venture capital fund, Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica.
Our technical team is growing; we run Kanban (as lightweight as possible!) to minimise interruptions; we automate everything as far as possible so we can focus on feature delivery, and we clean up behind us to keep the codebase in excellent shape. Developers take responsibility for code, automated tests and peer reviews; we firmly believe in owning feature delivery, rather than pressing buttons, and we’re a meritocracy - best idea wins, full stop.
An enthusiastic and driven front-end engineer, eager to continue building technical skills in a growing team whilst helping to shape the future and direction of a rapidly expanding platform and company.
- Self motivated and passionate about building what’s right for the user
- Willing to take ownership of features - and contribute to making them superb
- Confident questioning and constructively critiquing the status-quo
- Keen to widen your skillset - mobile and/or full-stack ambition
- Organised and detail orientated
A unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business whist learning from our experienced and high-performing team. Reporting to the CTO, you will be working alongside the existing front-end & back-end engineers to deliver a great user experience as we build & refactor our continually-growing online platform.
You'll be helping us build our React application as we continually build out features for our users; working with the development team defining the API that will underpin our online platforms across desktop, mobile and app; and working with designers to create & deliver a superb user experience.
Your skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience of commercial responsive React/Redux development
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile/Kanban environment
- Solid understanding of web technology & architecture
- Exposure to Webpack/Gulp or similar
- Experience writing tests in Jest/Enzyme/similar JS testing framework
- Experience working with visual designers and end-users to deliver features start to finish using Sketch, Zeplin, Jira (or similar)
- At least one professional encounter with a major back-end web framework
Bonus points for…
- Experience of Client MVC / mobile site tuning & performance analysis
- Experience working in small, high-performance teams
- Exposure to Babel, ES6 JS and API-driven development
- History of responsive site delivery