Luminar is an autonomous vehicle sensor and software company with the vision to power every autonomous vehicle by delivering the only LiDAR capable of making them both safe and ubiquitous. Founded in 2012, Luminar is a 350-person team across Palo Alto, Orlando and Colorado Springs, and has raised more than $250M from prominent venture funds. Today, 12 of the world’s top 15 automotive companies are working with Luminar’s breakthrough technology as part of their global autonomous development programs, including Volvo Cars, Toyota Research Institute, and VW/Audi’s subsidiary, AID.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
- Design and develop test software code using National Instruments LabVIEW
- for automated, semi-automated, and manual test systems
- Design the test solutions concept and architectures
- Develop test plans and test coverage reports in compliance with automotive
- test standards and product requirements.
- Development of drawings, specifications, TPM, test equipment definitions, and
- BOM for test stations
- Design of production automated test systems to integrate with automated
- work stations
- Assist with the transfer of test systems and equipment to manufacturing.
- Train production personnel in the use of the test equipment and test software
- Implement lean manufacturing in the test process
- Assisting in the design of experiments, under production, proto-type, and
- developmental conditions, to increase yields and improve test reliability,
- repeatability, and standardization
- Drives product cost reductions by optimizing test processes through Lean
- Practicing vigilance for shop safety, environmental safety, product quality,
- ergonomics and energized control safety
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree
- Minimum five years of experience in high volume production automated testing, using National Instrument LabView or C programming, including control of electro-mechanical devices, PLC, pneumatics, custom fixturing and tooling
- Experience with developing test systems in compliance with automotive QMS standards (IATF 16949) and functional standards (ISO 26262)
- Experience in National Instruments LabView and Test-Stand
- Capable of producing and maintaining complex technical documentation not limited to test instructions, drawings, specifications, TPM, test equipment Ver 1.0 definitions, and BOM for test stations within the guidelines of ISO 9000 and IATF 16949
- Working knowledge and/or troubleshooting skills in the following areas are highly preferred: Electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, control circuitry development, equipment prototyping, mechanical parts design, controller, tooling and fixturing, instrumentation, calibration, and preventive maintenance
- Capable of working in Engineering Lab, proto-type, production start-up, test automation, and high production volume testing environment
- Experienced in lean manufacturing including, 5S+1, Kaizen events, and continuous process improvement
- Experience in machine safety and ergonomics
- Familiar with NI Actor Framework reference design
- Experience in C programming
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.