Luminar is an autonomous vehicle sensor and software company with the vision to power every autonomous vehicle by delivering the only LiDAR capable of making them both safe and ubiquitous. Founded in 2012, Luminar is a 350-person team across Palo Alto, Orlando and Colorado Springs, and has raised more than $250M from prominent venture funds. Today, 12 of the world’s top 15 automotive companies are working with Luminar’s breakthrough technology as part of their global autonomous development programs, including Volvo Cars, Toyota Research Institute, and VW/Audi’s subsidiary, AID.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop effective Commodity Strategies, Relationship, Change Management & Communication Strategies through close collaboration with Luminar’s Optics and Laser Engineering teams
- Deliver the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership by optimizing commodity spending & provide targeted annual savings through cost reductions, cost avoidances, and operational improvements, measuring and reporting through monthly KPI reporting
- Select appropriate sources that improve value to the organization, and help attain targeted results for product quality, profitability and delivery
- Acquire & maintain technical understanding of related parts
- Perform negotiations with global suppliers, contract execution, business reviews, supplier scorecards, supply risk & other supplier management functions
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends; identify new value creation opportunities through effective strategic planning
- Develop, grow, and manage relationships with counterparts at key suppliers
- Implement procurement policies with suppliers to ensure flexibility and minimize working capital requirements
- Assess ongoing performance of supply base and drive effective performance improvement
- Handle other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Automotive Procurement, with a focus on Optical and/or Laser Production Components
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing & executing commodity strategies, and evidence of being able to effectively communicate those plans to all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 5 years sourcing experience, specifically Asia supply base
- Strong understanding of Supplier & Project Management
- Strong experience in Relationship & Change Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out sourcing/supply chain strategy
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Must be able to problem solve and handle multiple tasks effectively
- Strong background and ability in administration of contracts
- Strong analytical, research and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Expertise with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.