The Test Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of design and development engineers of test systems for Luminar product testing. Luminar products conform to automotive functional safety and quality standards. As such, the Test Engineering Manager needs to be fully versed in automotive grade test. In addition to management duties, the Test Engineering Manager allocates a percentage of his/her time to designing, developing, upgrading, and managing of production test solutions. Finally, the Test Engineering Manager also develops specifications and RFQ (request for quotation) information for acquisition of test systems from 3rd party developers.
Test Engineering at Luminar consists developing test processes including end of line testing, burn-in, environmental stress screening, and fully automated test solutions, along with custom hardware and software applications. Test engineers generate documentation packages for test systems containing software codes, software configuration, mechanical drawings, schematics, BOM, specifications, and TPM.
- Design and develop test software code using National Instruments LabVIEW for automated, semi-automated, and manual test systems
- Design the test solutions concept and architectures
- Develop test plans, test coverage reports, drawings, specifications, TPM, test equipment definitions, and BOM for test stations
- Design production automated test systems to integrate with company automated workstations
- Assist with the transfer of test systems and equipment to manufacturing.
- Train production personnel in the use of the test equipment and test software
- Implement lean manufacturing in the test process
- Assisting in the design of experiments, under production, proto-type, and developmental conditions, to increase yields and improve test reliability, repeatability, and standardization
- Drives product cost reductions by optimizing test processes through Lean principles
- Practicing vigilance for shop safety, environmental safety, product quality, ergonomics and energized control safety
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree
- 5 years experience as lead or supervisory role in test
- 10 years’ experience in high volume, series production automated test
- Experience operating in automotive quality systems such as IATF-16949 or VDA
- Experience in National Instruments LabView, Test-Stand
- Experience in C programming
- Capable of producing and maintaining complex technical documentation not limited to test instructions, drawings, specifications, TPM, test equipment definitions, and BOM for test stations within the guidelines of ISO 9000 and IATF 16949
- Capable of working in Engineering Lab, proto-type, production start-up, test automation, and high production volume testing environment
- Experienced in lean manufacturing including, 5S+1, Kaizen events, and continuous process improvement
- Experience in machine safety and ergonomics
- Working knowledge and/or troubleshooting skills in the following areas are highly preferred: Electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, control circuitry development, equipment prototyping, mechanical parts design, controller, tooling and fixturing, instrumentation, calibration, and preventive maintenance
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.