Luminar Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the Simulation team to develop a realistic simulation. In this role, you will combine game development, networking, and computer science to create tools that accelerate the utilization of our sensor and software products. The ideal candidate will lead and own the design, development, testing, and deployment of simulation services and tools.
- Work with a talented group of engineers to develop automotive-grade software for Level 3+ self-driving based on Luminar’s LiDAR & perception platforms.
- Maintain and improve a simulation platform to accelerate LiDAR development, powered by game engine technology.
- Simulate, prototype, test, design, and debug functions of the software.
- Create game prototypes and plugins for core game components, covering various mechanics
- Integrate existing SDKs and components into other Luminar products.
- Work closely with perception, data, reliability and other engineering teams.
- Provide technical leadership through your software development expertise.
- Drive implementation activities through the Developer role in our Scaled Agile Framework, collaborate cross-functionally with other software engineers, and participate in the development and mentorship of others.
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience specifically working with Unity (experience with similar game engines also accepted, like Unreal or Lumberyard)
- Expert-level object-oriented programmer, including experience with, but not limited to: C++ and C#, including low-level debugging
- Knowledge of Unity3D and C#/.NET Framework
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and delivering production quality software in a Linux environment
- Experience with CI/CD systems and practices
- Experience writing unit, integration, load and stress tests
- Knowledge of software design patterns and code optimization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent track record of technical leadership and mentorship
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, and quickly resolve conflicts
- Enjoy working within a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional teams, especially across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Background in computer vision, image processing, or signal processing
- Experience in productization of computer vision, machine learning, and self-driving projects
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal, CARLA, or other C++ based simulation frameworks
- Experience in working in Agile teams and within frameworks such as SAFe
- Experience with designing and development software in accordance with quality, functional safety and security standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, AUTOSAR)
- An impeccable professional record and a strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Show out-of-box thinking and invent creative solutions for challenging problems