What You Will Do:
- Identify and execute initiatives that turn unstructured problems into tightly-scoped, high-impact projects.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of the regulatory issues relating to the technology-enabled marketing, purchase, sale and management of single-family homes across the US.
- Advise our product, marketing, operations and business development teams in connection with issues relating to real estate investments.
- Support our legal, finance and HR teams in connection with general corporate matters.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including vendor contracts, technology agreements, engagement letters, LOIs and non-disclosure agreements.
- Review marketing materials, terms of service and privacy policies.
- Advise on complex real estate and financial transactions.
- Draft template agreements, manage existing contracts, and advise on best practices, standards, and model clauses.
- Interact with and manage outside counsel across multiple states.
- Engage in or lead special legal projects as needed, including due diligence and related support on strategic transactions.
- Identify compliance issues and escalate as needed.
What You Bring With You:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience (ideally a combination of experience at a top law firm and in-house at a technology company).
- Excellent business judgment and are both detail oriented and practical.
- Mix of in-house and big firm experience, or, if you are transitioning directly from a law firm role for the first time, you are ready to embrace a new way of working.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, rapidly changing environment.
- You are able to get up to speed on new areas of law quickly and effectively.
- Collaborative outlook and ability to work cross-functionally with different departments.
- J.D. from a nationally-recognized accredited law school and are a member in good standing of at least one state bar (California or New York preferred).
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships