What you'll do:
- Write code to extend Transfix’s platform and endpoints for data exchange with our proprietary freight management system via APIs and EDI.
- Develop self-serve API documentation and testing platforms that enable developers to integrate with our platforms with minimal direct support.
- Manage technical operations and scaling for our existing services, e.g. monitoring and triaging errors, maintaining low-latency in runtime performance, scaling infrastructure as our business grows.
- Write automated tests—linting, unit tests, and end-to-end integration tests.
- Deploy code to production frequently.
- Collaborate with partners across the company, as well as external customers and partners (shippers, carriers, software partners).
- Our platforms are built with Ruby on Rails, Java, PostgreSQL, and Redis. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their native services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks, including RSpec. We monitor our production software with tools like DataDog, Sentry, and CloudWatch.
- You have 5+ years professional experience writing, delivering, supporting, and debugging production software.
- You have a mastery of Ruby, and at least one additional language (e.g. Python, Java, Go, C, or C++).
- You have prior experience supporting external APIs and associated authentication schemes, documentation, and testing frameworks.
- You advocate for best practices and high quality code in your teams, and are thoughtful about prioritizing improvements that will have the most impact in your team.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating with a diverse set of partners.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.