What you'll do:
- Write code to extend Transfix’s platform and endpoints for data exchange with our proprietary freight management system via APIs and EDI.
- Write automated tests—linting, unit tests, and end-to-end integration tests.
- Deploy code to production frequently.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and extend our integration platforms to support new partners, customers, and use-cases.
- Learn to monitor and manage technical operations for our systems using tools like DataDog, Sentry and CloudWatch.
- Debug issues across distributed systems.
- Collaborate with partners across the company, as well as external customers and partners (shippers, carriers, software partners).
- Our platforms are built with Ruby on Rails, Java, PostgreSQL, and Redis. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their native services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks, including RSpec.
- You have 2+ years professional experience in software development.
- You have experience in at least one of the following: Ruby, Python, Java, Go, C, or C++).
- You advocate for best practices and high quality code in your teams, and are thoughtful about prioritizing improvements that will have the most impact in your team.
- You take pride in your work and follow through on commitments.
- You have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.