Casetext is looking for a litigator with 1-3 years of experience (or in select cases, a recent law school graduate with law journal experience) with excellent legal research and writing skills to edit legal content for an exciting new product for attorneys. Your job will be to conduct legal research, identify relevant legal authority, confirm the accuracy of citations, and conduct proofreading activities for content covering a range of legal topics. You’ll join one of the most-awarded and fastest-growing companies in the legal technology market.
You can either work out of our headquarters in San Francisco, our offices in New York or Washington D.C., or remotely.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
1. You’re a junior litigator or recent law school graduate looking for an adventure in a law-adjacent but not litigation practice role.
2. You have an exceptional work ethic. You hold yourself and your work to an obsessively-high standard.
3. You take joy in finding and fixing errors that everyone else misses.
4. You work well with autonomy and independence.
5. You’re drawn toward innovation, especially innovation in the law.
6. You learn quickly and love taking on new substantive legal topics.
7. You’re great at prioritizing and cutting through tasks efficiently. You don’t get fazed by a large quantity of information.
8. You’ve always secretly wanted to work at a fast-growing, scrappy startup, but haven’t found the right fit yet.
1. Identify relevant legal authority to support statements of law
2. Edit and proofread legal writing to get it “publication ready”
3. Conduct discrete legal research projects across diverse legal topics
4. Work closely with Casetext leadership, senior attorney editors, and product team to help drive the development and expansion of a ground-breaking new legal product
1. Competitive compensation in equity and salary
2. Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
3. Be an early employee at a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
4. Health, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
5. Flexible remote-first work culture
6. We support families with generous maternity and paternity leave
7. We’re a close-knit team of people who really enjoy working together
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.