The impact of chronic conditions on health care is immense: chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease, affect up to 1 in 3 individuals. Up to 1 in 4 people also struggle with mental health concerns. These chronic conditions drive 80% of the over $3 trillion dollars we spend on health care in the US.
Vida Health is working to address this need. Our goal is to help people better manage their health by making positive changes to the way they live. Using our mobile-first platform, we connect people to programs backed by research and give them one-on-one support from personal health coaches or therapists. Clients meet with their coaches or therapists using secure in-app video chat and messaging. By collecting real-time data from the client and their devices, Vida coaches are able to guide clients’ progress over time and help them make sustainable improvements to their health.
Vida Coaching Department Leadership Mission Statement: We commit to have clear communication and honesty between each leader and approach any obstacles with open mindedness and commitment to find an appropriate solution. Our goal is to create the most respected health coaching team in the industry by having the highest coaching standards and methods for maintaining them. We want to help our clients achieve consistent, life-altering outcomes.
Coach Lead Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of health coaches
- Monitor coaches’ performance on key metrics relevant to Vida’s standards
- Mentor and support coaches whose performance does not meet expectations
- Ensure each coach is onboarded on the Vida coaching platform, including any changes that are made over time
- Answer coach questions
- Audit each coach’s cases weekly against a set of standards
- Conduct twice-monthly meetings to inform coaches about updates in the company
- Lead various projects for the department which could include but are not limited to scheduling, customer service, hiring new coaches, ongoing updates for coaches, updates to content, program development
- Participate in team planning meetings and meetings regarding the development and testing of features that will directly impact the health coaching team
- Attend weekly coach lead meetings to discuss department details
- Maintain a small panel of 10-20 VIP or legacy clients.
- Strong alignment with the department mission
- Degree in health-related field required such as nutrition, exercise physiology or health education
- Health coaching certification from an accredited health coaching school with a robust program
- 5 years of experience coaching clients one-on-one to help them meet their health goals
- 3 years experience managing a small group of employees, including responsibility for training, continuous oversight, leading meetings and providing feedback
- Strong, clear, transparent communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Collaborate as a team to move forward on department quarterly and yearly goals.