Luminar Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of key modules of the core systems framework for Luminar’s Perception software stack. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate efficiently with other developers to write high-quality, automotive-grade code. Our vision is to make autonomous transportation safe and ubiquitous. Far too many lives are lost in vehicle accidents each year. Because when real people’s lives are at stake, driving safely 99% of the time isn't good enough. We just launched Hydra, and it’s capabilities are unmatched: road tracking out to 80m, lanes to 150m, and objects to 250m.
- Develop automotive/production-grade C++ code.
- Develop real-time middleware (e.g. ROS) in a real-time operating system (RTOS).
- Review software requirements, and map architecture to software functions.
- Develop tools, libraries, documentation, and code samples.
- Support integration of developed frameworks within vehicle platforms.
- Simulate, prototype, test, design, and debug functions of the software.
- Review pull-requests daily, collaborate cross-functionally with other software engineers, and participate in the development/mentorship of others.
- BS in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in software and/or automotive
- Expert level knowledge of C++ programming
- Experience with C++ multithreading and cross-compilation
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and delivering production-quality software in a Linux environment
- Experience in developing and maintaining software libraries and APIs
- Experience designing and improving software architecture
- Experience working with continuous integration and deployment (CICD) systems
- Experience developing open-source products using C++ is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working within a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional teams, especially across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Background in computer vision, image processing, or signal processing
- Experience productizing computer vision, machine learning, and self-driving
- Experience in working in Agile teams and within frameworks such as SAFe
- Experience with designing and development software in accordance with quality, functional safety and security standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, AUTOSAR)
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.