Luminar is an autonomous vehicle sensor and software company with the vision to power every autonomous vehicle by delivering the only LiDAR capable of making them both safe and ubiquitous. Founded in 2012, Luminar is a 350-person team across Palo Alto, Orlando and Colorado Springs, and has raised more than $250M from prominent venture funds. Today, 12 of the world’s top 15 automotive companies are working with Luminar’s breakthrough technology as part of their global autonomous development programs, including Volvo Cars, Toyota Research Institute, and VW/Audi’s subsidiary, AID.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
- Support local QMS Quality System deployment, training, and maintenance in compliance with ISO/IATF 16949
- Support internal audit program and surveillance including meaningful Layered Process Audit (LPA) structure/content
- Conformance audits for Product Quality, Functional Safety, Cyber Security and ASPICE
- VDA 6.3 Audit planning, execution, and driving corrective actions
- Critical input for QMS improvement planning
- Schedule cross functional PFMEA/Control Plan “Walks” to assess manufacturing practice versus requirements, and drive corrective actions
- Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) surveillance and provide related training for Customer Quality Engineers
- BS in mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of automotive experience with ISO/IATF 16949 compliance
- Working knowledge of AIAG Core Tools
- Thorough understanding of AIAG, ISO/IATF 16949, and VDA requirements
- Demonstrated Problem Solving experience (Kepner Tregoe, 8D, A3, or similar)
- Startup or product transfer experience desired
- ASQ CQE Certification
- Certified ISO/IATF16949 Auditor
- Lean Six-Sigma Certification
- Certified VDA 6.3 Auditor
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.