Luminar is an autonomous vehicle sensor and software company with the vision to make autonomy safe and ubiquitous. We built a new type of lidar from the chip-level up with breakthroughs across all core components. As a result, we have created the only lidar sensor that meets the stringent performance, safety and cost requirements for Level 3–Level 5 autonomous vehicles. Integrating this advanced hardware with Luminar’s custom developed software stack enables a turn-key autonomous solution. We have rapidly gained 50 industry partners, including 7 of the top 10 global automotive OEMs. Founded in 2012, Luminar is a 350+ person team with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
Luminar Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Computational Geometry) to join our Perception team in developing state-of-the-art and novel solutions. Our vision is to make autonomous transportation safe and ubiquitous. Far too many lives are lost in vehicle accidents each year. Because when real people’s lives are at stake, driving safely 99% of the time isn't good enough. We just signed an industry-first deal with Volvo Cars to bring autonomy to a highway near you by 2022 - come to join the mission of a lifetime. Visit us @ https://www.luminartech.com/ to find out more.
- Join our detection team and create new lidar perception solutions for automated driving functions
- Development of new solutions in the field of optical flow, structure from motion, SLAM, mesh processing, registration, and similar geometric problems for lidar point cloud processing
- Implementation and optimization of algorithms using C++
- Delivery of product-level automotive software
- Collaboration with other stakeholders to formulate architecture and requirements
- MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing computational geometry and vision based solutions on product-grade level
- Exceptional knowledge in solving geometric problems like convex optimization, clustering, feature detection and matching, and similar domains
- 5+ years of experience in C++ development and Linux systems
- Experience in professional software development processes like CICD, versioning, reviewing
- Experience in automotive software development processes and functional safety
- Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in CUDA programming
- Broad knowledge in the domain of ADAS and autonomous driving
- Knowledge in machine learning approaches is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Location: Stanford Research Park in the beautiful city of Palo Alto, California
- Timing: A start-up backed by industry leaders, at a critical stage of growth
- Compensation: Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Benefits: Comprehensive package (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- PTO: Take it when you need it, we are a results-oriented team (not just a 9-5 job)
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.