Zola is in search of a talented Senior Associate of Communications & Public Relations to join the Marketing team.
We're looking for a creative writer, a proactive problem solver, and an independent thinker who can work collaboratively across the company. This person must be a voracious consumer of media in all forms who has a true passion for storytelling and for writing. We're looking for someone who's constantly sharing articles with friends, who can quickly shift gears from drafting a top ten list to writing an executive quote, and who is completely thrilled by a media placement with perfect message-pull through. We’re also looking for someone who deeply understands the changing news landscape, and who can think beyond traditional media relations and communications. If this sounds like you, we hope you will apply.
In this role you will spread your wings across the communications discipline to support a robust internal and external communications plan. You'll dedicate most of your time to external PR, and will also have the chance to redefine what a successful public relations program looks like for Zola. You'll be charged with developing real media relationships (as opposed to sending BCC emails), and will be expected to identify opportunities by yourself, and go after them with gusto. You'll work side-by-side with the content, social and community teams to elevate campaigns and real couples stories. You'll dabble in corporate comms, partnerships, experiential marketing, and more. You will also work closely with leadership to support speaking engagements, conferences and award submission opportunities. You'll report to the Director of Communications.
A successful Senior Associate of Communications and Public Relations will be excited to dive right into Zola's fast-paced environment and join the team!
- Support actionable plan to grow brand awareness through a robust communications program
- Oversee day-to-day management of all external communications campaigns
- Create a holistic media outreach strategy that helps increase Zola's brand awareness with the generation getting married today who are consuming news across every platform
- Take pitch ideas from concept to launch, dreaming up stories that will resonate with different verticals of media, and then amplifying them across all of Zola's channels, often even through thought leadership initiatives and internal messaging
- Work closely with the social, content, community, affiliate and business development teams, plus work cross-functionally across the entire company to drive campaigns about all of Zola's products
- Draft content for Zola's expert advice content hub, when needed
- Manage Zola's affiliate program to drive backlinks as part of Zola's integrated PR & SEO strategy
- Lead all brand events from start to finish, meaning from ideation and invite creation to guest list management, execution and recap
- Draft, execute, and cull data from editorial surveys
- Draft executive quotes, talking points, press releases, and other corporate comms materials
- Interact with real engaged and newlywed couples, and wedding vendors, on a regular basis, and ensure a very positive experience every time
- Measure results of communications programs, and translate data into recommendations to enhance the plan moving forward
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience in communications
- Experience working at a public relations agency preferred, but not required
- Also interested in candidates who have experience working in content and/or editorial
- Beyond exceptional writing skills and proper grammar
- Out-of-the-box thinking and tons of creative ideas
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle many priorities
- Willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties
- Willingness to work on days and times outside the normal workweek as needed
- Positive person who wants to make a difference in a growing organization
- Passion for weddings,