The Test Development Systems Engineer is a member of a multi-disciplinary design team that combines state-of-the-art lasers, optical scanners, detectors, firmware and software to produce safe, reliable, market-leading automotive grade LIDAR systems. The candidate will be responsible for creating use case driven test plans, and driving DVP&R efforts for current and future products. They will also be expected to support other Systems Engineering related activities including but not limited to pursuit & acquisition requirements analysis and risk reduction through FMEAs.
- Lead the creation of Design Verification Plan & Reports (DVP&Rs) for existing and new products
- Develop use case driven test plans
- Maintain traceability between test cases and system level requirements
- Help drive risk management activities through facilitation of FMEAs
- Support the pursuit & acquisition process through requirements analysis and compliance traceability
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a systems engineering role
- Experience with requirements derivation and tracking tools (DOORS, Jama, JIRA, etc.)
- Experience developing test cases for new and existing products
- M.S. in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with systems engineering in the automotive industry
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) DFx, GD&T, DRBFM experience
- Experience with lidar and/or other sensor systems
- Familiarity with risk reduction through the DFMEA process
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.