- Define and manage requirements for safety-critical perception applications.
- Create system specification documentation translating product requirements to systems software requirements and architecture specifications.
- Provide frequent and clear communication to other teams, peers, and external stakeholders.
- Become Systems Engineering expert and point of contact for: product requirements, system architecture, and policy, legal, and other standards.
- Document system software architecture diagrams, operational concepts, software features decomposition, APIs, requirements management processes, and system verification plans.
- Conduct and document system-level analysis, like p-diagrams.
- Ensure TSR’s are implemented in software implementation per ISO 26262.
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Implement foundational processes and tools for technical data management and control (requirements tracking and traceability, system modeling, etc.).
- Work with internal software teams and facilitate systems approach to software development. Provide training to internal staff as necessary to ensure efficient programs execution.
- Drive implementation activities, and participate in the development and mentorship of others.
- Research and review new tools, technologies and industry trends which might affect current and future products.
- BS or MS in Computer, Electrical, Systems Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5+ years of industry experience
- Systems and software requirements specification development in perception domain; desired in vehicle perception, robotics, ADAS / ADS or related
- Systems and Software architecture development using UML / SysML using MBSE tools such as Rational Rhapsody, Visual Paradigm, Cameo etc.
- Requirements Management experience establishing traceability using RM tools such as JAMA, Rational DOORS, or MBSE tools such as Rational Rhapsody.
- Software development experience in C++
- Strong software engineering experience in vehicle safety critical systems
- Experience with Linux, Git version control etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, and quickly resolve conflicts
- Enjoy working within a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional teams, especially across organizational and geographical boundaries
- 5+ years of experience, including but not limited to: C++ development for mobility software (road transport, mobile robotics or related).
- Experience in software safety, including ISO 26262 Part 6.
- Good understanding of SOTIF.
- Experience in developing perception software algorithms.
- Experience in structural coverage of code - static and dynamic analysis .
- Experience in working in Agile teams and within frameworks such as SAFe.
- Experience with designing and development software in accordance with quality, functional safety and security standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, AUTOSAR).
- An impeccable professional record and a strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- Show out-of-box thinking and invent creative solutions for challenging problems.
- Location: In the beautiful city of Munich, Germany
- Timing: An industry leading start-up backed by serious investors, at a critical stage of growth
- PTO: Take it when you need it, we are a results-oriented team (not just 9-5 job)
- Compensation: Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Impact: ability to have immediate impact on a lean team as it prepares for production - this is not an R&D environment
- Other: Paid lunch and dinner
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.