We're looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer, with a HO attitude to build our next generation scalable big data processing and analytics systems in the cloud. We work with various Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Druid and ElasticSearch (and more), and we’re looking for you...
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in engineering for Enterprise products- mainly in a startup environment.
- Experience in Complex processing workloads with SPARK.
- HO Experienced in Java- mandatory.
- Experienced in planning and building scalable real-time data systems
- Enthusiastic about performant web scale & complex systems and flows
- Meticulous about scalability and security
- Well founded in data-structures and analytical problem solving
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering / Bioinformatics, or equivalent
- Team player and ability to mentor
- A fast learner with a "Can DO!" attitude
- Experience in building microservice based architecture
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other search engine technologies
- HO Experienced in Kotlin/Scala or similar
- Familiarity with building microservices using Akka, Vert.x or similar
- Knowledge with DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Self-taught from Coursera, Khan Academy, edX or others
Totango is a fast-growing start-up building an ambitious cloud application. You’ll have the opportunity to learn cutting-edge technologies and make an impact (we are small and every person counts).
Totango leads the exciting new field of Customer Success. We help businesses pro-actively support their existing clients and reduce churn.
You'll enjoy the company of super bright people that are exciting to work with.