Luminar Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop our visualization software. In this role, you will combine game development, networking, and computer science to create tools that accelerate the utilization of our sensor and software products. The ideal candidate will design, develop, test, and deploy visualization services and tools. Our vision is to make autonomous transportation safe and ubiquitous. Far too many lives are lost in vehicle accidents each year. Because when real people’s lives are at stake, driving safely 99% of the time isn't good enough. We just signed an industry-first deal with Volvo Cars to bring autonomy to a highway near you by 2022 - come join the mission of a lifetime. Visit us @ https://www.luminartech.com/ to find out more.
*We are interviewing and on-boarding candidates completely virtually until the County of Santa Clara eases restrictions due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Our team is currently entirely working from home, except for those individuals carrying out ‘essential’ business activities.
- Maintain and improve a visualization platform to accelerate LiDAR development, powered by game engine technology.
- Architect, prototype, test, design, implement, and debug functions of the software.
- Integrate existing SDKs and components into other Luminar products.
- Work closely with perception, data, reliability and other engineering teams.
- Provide technical leadership through your software development expertise.
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience specifically working with Unity (8+ years overall experience)
- Expert-level object-oriented programmer (C# and C++), including low-level debugging
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and delivering production quality software in a Linux and Windows environment
- Experience with CI/CD systems and practices
- Experience writing unit, integration, load and stress tests
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working within a dynamic and continuously evolving environment
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional teams, especially across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Knowledge of software design patterns and code optimization
- Background in computer vision, image processing, or signal processing
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, and quickly resolve conflicts
- An impeccable professional record and a strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Show out-of-box thinking and invent creative solutions for challenging problems
Benefits & Perks
- Location: Stanford Research Park in the beautiful city of Palo Alto, California.
- Timing: A start-up backed by industry leaders, at a critical stage of growth.
- Compensation: Competitive salaries and meaningful equity.
- Benefits: Comprehensive package (medical, dental, vision, and more).PTO: Take it when you need it, we are a results-oriented team (not just a 9-5 job).
Industry: Automotive, Software, Autonomous Vehicles, Visualization
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.