- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 02/19/2024
- Website: luminartech.com
- Company Address: , Orlando, FL
Pioneering the future of autonomous transportation.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant. An ideal candidate in this role will be someone with automotive industry background, or other form of manufacturing experience.
- Prepare and process journal entries.
- Complete reconciliations and provide necessary analysis.
- Evaluate transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete.
- Summarize information from multiple sources into a management report to provide high level analysis and recommendations.
- Identifies process problems or issues and escalates appropriately.
- Work with various departments and teams to help automate the process, evaluate the procedures and increase efficiency.
- Cross training with other team members to support their workload as needed.
- Perform and document procedures to ensure SOX 404 compliance.
- Support internal and external audit by providing records and documentation.
- Support internal customers, develops relationships with various internal and external groups, and maintains/updates current financial information.
- Support and/or participates in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance and/or the equivalent in experience
- CA or CPA is a plus
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Well organized, detailed oriented, open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply policies and standards consistently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Google Suite, especially Google Sheets
- Relevant background in automotive industry (preferred)
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.