- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Venture Capital
- Post Date: 08/23/2022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: canvas.vc
- Company Address: 3200 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA, 94028
About Canvas VenturesCanvas is a mission-driven VC firm that leads series A investments in transformative companies. With $835M AUM and a winning track record, our team is growing.
Canvas Ventures’ current portfolio and key investment areas include Fintech (Keyway, Possible Finance), Marketplaces (Zola, Roofstock, Flyhomes), and Digital Health (Airvet, Vida, Pine Park Health).
The partners are also known for investments made prior to Canvas, which include: Lending Club, MuleSoft, Houzz, Evernote, NexTag, Check, Doximity, Upwork, Strava, and Faire.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Canvas Ventures is a boutique venture capital firm based in the San Francisco
Bay Area with $835 million in assets under management. Canvas leads Series A investments in
key areas including Fintech, Digital Health, Marketplaces, and Logistics. We follow a
thesis-driven approach to investing, scouting and securing fields ripe for disruption. Our general
partners, Rebecca Lynn, Paul Hsiao, Gary Little, and Mike Ghaffary, have a collective 45+ years of
operating experience, and they are known for investments made prior to joining Canvas,
including Lending Club (LC), Luminar (LAZR), Doximity (DOCS), MuleSoft (MULE), Check
(acquired by Intuit), Upwork (UPWK), and Houzz. Learn more about Canvas at www.canvas.vc.
Canvas is seeking a Marketing & Community Associate to help build and operate the firm’s
marketing and communications initiatives. Canvas marketing and communications efforts are
in service of articulating the Canvas brand differentiation in the venture ecosystem, deepening
engagement with our entrepreneurs and LP community, and supporting our early-stage
companies in the go-to-market efforts that are critical to helping them reach the next stage of
growth. The Marketing & Communications Associate will gain valuable exposure to the venture
capital ecosystem and have an immediate impact on both firm and portfolio initiatives. The
person in this role should have best-in-class written and oral communication, exceptional
project management skills, a proactive orientation as a builder/maker/idea-generator, and a
positive mindset. This role is full-time and based in the Bay Area.
● Maintain Canvas Website (on Webflow), including adding new companies as they join
the portfolio, populating links to important portfolio news, refreshing firm specs, and
writing and updating team bio pages.
● Write and produce monthly Canvas newsletter (on Mailchimp)
● Maintain content and events calendars (on Airtable), including media and
conference/speaking opportunity lists, and vendor directories
● Write first drafts for all Canvas partner content and social media posts
● Monitor and report on metrics and engagement across Canvas site, social media and
● Conduct research and messaging preparation for Canvas partners’ PR efforts
● Maintain brand and portfolio assets, and internal firm templates
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics:
● 3-5 years of experience working in marketing, operations, or communications across the
tech, financial services, or venture capital industries
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Agility with a variety of software tools across project management (Airtable, Slack),
design (Figma, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint), social media (LinkedIn, Twitter,
SproutSocial, YouTube) as well as the Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
● Entrepreneurial and flexible team player with a positive mindset
● Experience and empathy for communicating with executives/CEOs and proven
strategies for generating engagement with busy senior stakeholders
● Results-oriented with a strong ability to communicate, prioritize, and drive to clarity in
moments of ambiguity
● Analytic rigor and a bias towards action
● A high bar for integrity, trust, and quality in every single work product